Monday, April 14, 2008

Part 2

OK . . . when last I left you (not long ago), I had just caught you up to . . . February 1st. haha

SO . . . as soon as I got the positive test, I called the clinic to make an appointment so I could get "official" verification. Of course, they didn't have anything open with my OWN provider and the soonest they had with the only other doctor in the office was THREE WEEKS away. Blah.

But, I have kind of learned that you have to take what you can get when it comes to appointments at the hospital. If you don't, you may never be seen. So, I took the first available appointment of February 26th.
I think I was at the hospital a maximum of 20 minutes, including walking to and from the car. I literally walked in, checked in and sat down when they called me back. They weighed me and I was down 10 pounds from my the appointment where I was weighed last in December. (YAY!) then they took me in and did a quick ultrasound . . . there was a little blob with a little blinking heart! That was verification enough for me!





When I left the office that day, the doctor told me to call for an appointment with regular OB in 2 days so that I could get in ASAP and have blood work run and all that jazz. So, I called the central appointments line on February 28 . . . and of course could NOT get an appointment that would work for me.

The only thing they could offer me was March 21 or after. I was leaving town for Spring Break on March 21st. ARGH. So, they told me to call the clinic as they would have appointments they could open for things that needed to be taken care of "sooner". So . . . I called and they, too, could only offer me an appointment after March 21st. GRRRRRRRR!!! The lady I spoke with told me to call closer to the end of the month because they did not have the April schedule out yet. Okie dokie, I said.
So, on March 26th, while at my mom and dad's house, I called central appointments to make an appointment. Of course, central appointments couldn't offer me anything sooner than 3 weeks or so away, so I asked for the direct number to the clinic in hopes of getting one of those "sooner" appointments. No dice there either. (insert me rolling my eyes here)

The soonest they had was April 16th. So, like I said earlier . . . you take what you can get or you may not get at all.

So now . . . at 14 weeks 4 days along, I will FINALLY have a "first appointment" at OB. Only I won't be seeing a provider . . . no. I have to attend a class. I have no clue what they talk about but it is evidently REQUIRED at the hospital for everyone to go through the class before they see a doctor . . . whether thay have had six kids already or this is their first. UGH. So I have kind of come to the realization that I will be ther furthest along in the class . . . here's me at 4 months or so in a class with chicks who have just found out that they are pregnant at 3-6 weeks or so. YAY! I'll be like the old lady. hahaha

There's no telling WHEN I may be able to get an appointment where I can actually talk to a doctor, get my blood work run and actually MAYBE hear the heartbeat.


I swear . . . if it weren't for the fact that I felt sick for so long, still feel icky every so often, crave the heck out of orange sherbet, orange soda and peanuts (not together) and have to pee all the time . . . I would think I wasn't really pregnant. But, you know . . . I wouldn't know if there are any issues so far because I haven't been able to get in to see a doctor.

And that irritates me.



More to come on Wednesday . . . or somewhere thereabouts . . . ;)

No comments: