Tuesday, July 15, 2008

27 weeks

Had my latest OB appointment yesterday.

Everything is looking good, as usual, they said. My weight gain was only 2 pounds in the last 4 weeks . . . a grand total of 7.3 pounds overall. (So, I lost 14 . . . and have gained back 7, essentially.) Evan's heartbeat was in the 150's again and the docs said that so far everything has been very consistent, which is a good sign.

I have to go in on July 28th for an ultrasound to see how the Placenta Previa situation is going. By that, I mean that if the edge of the placenta is less than 2 cm from the cervix, they will ask me to schedule a c-section. It is possible, if that happens, that I may just have to have another ultrasound within a very short time before I am due and if it hasn't corrected itself, then I would have to schedule a c-section more last minute.

They are really hoping it has corrected itself though . . . and, honestly, so am I. Lots of help or not, I would much rather NOT have to be cut open. ;)

I had all my 3rd trimester labs run yesterday as well . . . and I guess everything came back good, EXCEPT for my Glucose Tolerance Screening (drink the glucose solution, sit for an hour then have blood drawn). :( The doc called me this morning to let me know that I had failed the screening so I am now scheduled for a THREE HOUR test on August 6th.

The way I understand it is I fast the night before . . . get there at 7am and drink the stuff, sit for an hour, have blood drawn . . . sit there another hour and have blood drawn again . . . and then sit there for ONE MORE HOUR and have a final blood draw. Yuck.

If I fail the 3 hour glucose test, then I will "officially" be diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, which will be treated from anything from a diet change to insulin, depending on how "badly" I've got it.

So, I am pretty much spending all my time at the hospital now. haha

July 28th = ultrasound
Aug. 6th = 3 hour glucose tolerance test
Aug. 14th = OB appointment

Then nothing after that, as long as everything goes as planned, until my first OB appointment with the new docs in Oregon on August 29th.

Fingers are crossed that I don't have any more issues!

No comments: