Since I forgot to post this the other day, I figure now is as good a time as any. haha
I had a 3 hour glucose tolerance test this past Wednesday. UGH.
I got there at about 6:45am and checked in at the lab . . . they brought me right back and took a couple of test tubes full of blood to determine my fasting blood sugar level. It was at 84, so all was good.
Yeah, I had to fast the night before . . . so I was pretty hungry. Watching Emilie eat Pop Tarts while I could eat nothing was real fun, I tell you. haha
ANYHOO . . .
Right after they took the first bunch of blood, they gave me a little bottle of 100mg dextrose solution . . . this time it was the "orange soda" flavor (the 50mg is fruit punch flavor) and it was ick. And I had to drink it within 5 minutes. Blech.
After the first hour of sitting, they took another tube of blood . . . and I thought I was going to yack all over the lab. haha Straight sugar to the empty stomach = NOT. GOOD.
After that, I sat for another hour . . . then they took another tube of blood . . . and after sitting a third hour, they took another tube of blood and let me go home.
I have 4 little bruises on the inside of my elbows and like to joke that I look like I'm a heroin addict, what with my tracks on my arm and everything. hahaha
The doc I saw last time called me that afternoon to let me know that the test came back with completely normal levels and all is good! So, no gestational diabetes for me . . . no insulin, no dietary changes, no having to give up sugars! YAY!!!!!
Next up is my regular OB appointment this coming Thursday, which will be my last OB appointment here in VA . . . they will be giving me all of my records and such to take with me to the new OB in Oregon. ;)
After that, I go to the new doc in OR on 8/29 (I will be almost 34 weeks at that point) . . . and we go from there!
I hit 31 weeks TOMORROW. Only 9 weeks to go until due date. Yikes.
1 comment:
Yaaay, no stupid GD! I looked like a total junky after being in the hospital for 10 days w/Jimmy's birth. I wonder about the previa, I think I have to investigate your blog a little more to see if it cleared itsef up. :fingerscrossed: Your 24 week photo looks great....but time for another one! ;) ---Rachel
Post a Comment