Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My doctor and I have "made a date" . . .

. . . to assist little Evan with his grand debut into the world . . . and this coming SATURDAY is it!

I have to be at the hospital at 6am on Saturday morning and they are going to start me on an IV of pitocin and get "things" started. She is thinking it won't take "TOO too long" for him to come out since I am already dilated to 3cm and am "more than ready" for him to be born (whereas with Emilie, I was 3 weeks early, not dilated even 1cm and wasn't so much ready to go save for the fact I had preeclampsia and had no choice but to be induced right away).

So . . . by sometime on Saturday, Evan will have made his appearance and (hopefully) by sometime early Monday, I should be home!

Mike's XO talked to him yesterday and offered him the chance to fly home from Bahrain once the ship pulls into the Persian Gulf (but only if we could afford the flight home) . . . I would have jumped at the chance but there were a few catches:

1. There are other guys on the ship who have pregnant wives at home who will not be offered this opportunity . . . neither of us thought it very fair for him to accept the offer when no one else will be allowed to do it.

2. It will cost us between $1800-2000 to fly him home from Bahrain.

3. We already had a traumatic "send-off" a month ago when we first sent him off on deployment . . . it would be even harder to send him back AGAIN.

4. He'd be able to stay home for 2 weeks tops . . . but he wouldn't be able to even start the long journey home for another week to 2 weeks, in which time he would miss the birth completely anyways.

We both agreed that it would be better if we not take them up on their offer.

No comments: