Monday, June 16, 2008

Yeah, I know . . .

It's been a while. haha

But there is really nothing much new to report.

Mike is in Fallon, NV for the last time . . . at least until they start workups for the next cruise in . . . well, whatever year that will be.

I am getting bigger and seem to be sleeping less . . . which isn't really a good thing. Can't get comfortable and have been waking up on my own without an alarm at around 6-6:30am every day. Weird.

Emilie has decided that sleep is overrated. She has started fighting BIG TIME at bed time (read: throwing tantrums like a 2-3 year old . . . kicking, yelling, throwing things even) and says that she wishes she could be something that never sleeps. "Why do people need to sleep anyways? It's not fun and I don't need to sleep."

Then there's that damn rubber frog.

For those that don't know about Fido, her frog . . . she got it as a souvenir when the Brownie troop went to the aquarium last month. Since the day she brought it home, she has been attached to it. By attached, I mean, she tried to smuggle it into her pocket and/or backpack on more than one occasion to sneak it to school . . . she has slept with it just about every night too. He has become the thing that gets taken away when she refuses to cooperate at bed time . . . and she screams and cries about it. "I need my Fido!" All of this over a $2 rubber frog. haha

Anyways . . . Mike is due back the evening of the 27th and we are leaving the next morning for a week in Washington D.C.!

We had put in a request to be added to a group for a tour of the White House, but being that it is Independence Day week , their tour groups are full up so we were informed today that we won't be able to go on one this time. :( (You have to contact your congressman at least 3 months in advance and be in a group of 10 or more people . . . if you aren't in a group of 10, they can sometimes fit you in a group, but in our case, they could not.)

So, I guess I am free to look at places we want to go and other tours we want to do (like the Monuments at Twilight tour . . . and a trip up to Mount Vernon, for sure!) and start planning which day for which thing now since we aren't being held at the White House's mercy anymore.

I have my next OB appointment on Wednesday the 18th, so if there are any updates I will definitely post them here. :)

Till next time . . .

No comments: